Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pamela Michelle Johnson

YUM. Enough said. These paintings are huge and delicious and they make me happy. Thanks goes out to my good friend, Nick McKnight, for passing this artist on to me. She's Pamela Michelle Johnson, and you can see more of these scrumptious paintings on her website here.







The two below are from her Series II collection (all above are from Series I). I'm not sure I like these as much- I feel they're a little more messy than the first series and the dead space doesn't really do much for me. In some of them she has textured the dead space too much and it's actually distracting. Check out her website to see what I mean.



The artist, working in her studio. This gives you a better idea of the scale of the work. Leggo my Eggo :)

No comments: