Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Satan in Movies

So I just watched Devil's Advocate for the first time in years and A) I enjoyed it much more than I remember doing the first time and B) it got me thinking about the great actors that have played Satan throughout the years. If you can think of others, please let me know. These are my top picks.

Al Pacino in Devil's Advocate. Pacino's brilliant (like usual) in this movie. He's bad but he makes you feel soo good about it. The movie is bad but in a cheesey but terribly entertaining way. I don't know if I want to like it, but I do.

Jack Nicholson in The Witches of Eastwick. He's Satan after a few months of training at the Playboy Mansion. This is another guilty-pleasure type movie: Nicholson co-stars with Cher, Susan Surandon, and Michelle Pfeiffer.

And last but certainly not least, we have Peter Stormare in Constantine. That movie is super shitty but the five minutes at the end with him acting as Satan almost makes it worth it.

No comments: